The amount of data produced each day are 2.5 quintillion bytes, and the pace of the growth is only accelerating with the growth of IoT. The following are where and how much data are generated on a daily basis.
- We conduct more than half of our web searches from a mobile phone now.
- More than 3.7 billion humans use the internet (that’s a growth rate of 7.5 percent over 2016).
- On average, Google now processes more than 40,000 searches EVERY second (3.5 billion searches per day)!
- While 77% of searches are conducted on Google, it would be remiss not to remember other search engines are also contributing to our daily data generation. Worldwide there are 5 billion searches a day.
According to Domo’s Data Never Sleeps 5.0 report, these are numbers generated every minute of the day:
- Snapchat users share 527,760 photos
- More than 120 professionals join LinkedIn
- Users watch 4,146,600 YouTube videos
- 456,000 tweets are sent on Twitter
- Instagram users post 46,740 photos
With 2 billion active users Facebook is still the largest social media platform. Let that sink in a moment—more than a quarter of the world’s 7 billion humans are active on Facebook! Here are some more intriguing Facebook statistics:
- 1.5 billion people are active on Facebook daily
- Europe has more than 307 million people on Facebook
- There are five new Facebook profiles created every second!
- More than 300 million photos get uploaded per day
- Every minute there are 510,000 comments posted and 293,000 statuses updated
Even though Facebook is the largest social network, Instagram (also owned by Facebook) has shown impressive growth. Here’s how this photo-sharing platform is adding to our data deluge:
- There are 600 million Instagrammers; 400 million who are active every day
- Each day 95 million photos and videos are shared on Instagram
- 100 million people use the Instagram “stories” feature daily
We leave a data trail when we use our favorite communication methods today from sending texts to emails. Here are some incredible stats for the volume of communication we send out every minute:
- We send 16 million text messages
- There are 990,000 Tinder swipes
- 156 million emails are sent; worldwide it is expected that there will be 9 billion email users by 2019
- 15,000 GIFs are sent via Facebook messenger
- Every minute there are 103,447,520 spam emails sent
- There are 154,200 calls on Skype
Now that our smartphones are exemplary cameras as well, everyone is a photog and the trillions of photos stored is the proof. Since there are no signs of this slowing down, expect these digital photo numbers to continue to grow:
- People will take 1.2 trillion photos by the end of 2017
- There will be 4.7 trillion photos stored
There are some really interesting statistics coming out of businesses and service providers in our new platform-driven economy. Here are just a few numbers that are generated every minute that piqued my interest:
- The Weather Channel receives 18,055,556 forecast requests
- Venmo processes $51,892 peer-to-peer transactions
- Spotify adds 13 new songs
- Uber riders take 45,788 trips!
- There are 600 new page edits to Wikipedia
Internet of Things
The Internet of Things, connected “smart” devices that interact with each other and us while collecting all kinds of data, is exploding (from 2 billion devices in 2006 to a projected 200 billion by 2020) and is one of the primary drivers for our data vaults exploding as well.
Let’s take a look at just some of the stats and predictions for just one type of device, voice search:
- There are 33 million voice-first devices in circulation
- 8 million people use voice control each month
- Voice search queries in Google for 2016 were up 35 times over 2008
Thanks to the benefits big data can bring, it is forecasted that 70% of enterprises will utilize AI by the end of 2018. By doing so, companies are enabled to analyze their business more easily and effectively and create business intelligence by taking advantage of the new influx of information. Big data can play a number of roles in business. It is focusedly used to get information about customers in terms of preferences and behaviors and therefore to create predictive models. AI can make use of effective behavioral targeting methodologies, allowing businesses to automatically respond and provide a better buying experience. As it is no doubt that personalized content targeting will increase, this has become a huge opportunity for companies to improve sales opportunities. In addition, big data makes customer service more proactive and responsive to consumers as it realizes the needs and wants of them. Customer support system at all times can be strengthened using CRM system gathering the data and customer insights, getting closer to ultimate customer experience.
Regarding business operation, big data can increase efficiency of production with understanding, recognition, and removal of constraints. Big data can also reduce costs that occur when firms try to find trends, predict future events in the industry, plan their production, and manage inventory.